- Which eccentric American author created the Angelfish Club, a group of exceptional young girls between the ages of ten and sixteen?
- What part is Shakespeare said to have played in the original production of Hamlet?
- What popular American comic strip is known as "Radishes" in Denmark?
- How many words are in the longest sentence in Victor Hugo’s Les Miserables?
- Which famous English author wrote of the two moons that orbit the planet Mars in 1726 — over 100 years before astronomers identified them?
Last Week’s Answers
According to the third edition of The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, how many valid words containing no vowels exist?
According to the third edition of The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, there are 20 valid words containing no vowels.
What bizarre theory about Dr. Watson did mystery writer Rex Stout once suggest to fellow members of the Baker Street Irregulars?
That Watson was a woman.
In what field is the Hugo Award given?
Science fiction writing. The award was named for Hugo Gernsback, the "father of science fiction."
What popular American writer coined the word nerd?
Theodore Seuss Geisel, or Dr. Seuss, beloved childrens' author.
Where was the sprawling family estate of early American novelist James Fenimore Cooper?
In Cooperstown, New York--it was the setting of his Leather Stocking Tales and is today the home of the Baseball Hall of Fame. William Cooper, the writer's father and one oft he Wealthiest landowners of his time, purchased the Cooperstown site in 1785.