Starting this week, I will be posting some fun trivia for your classroom, so go ahead and get your students and colleagues involved! Post your answers in the comments section and see how many you can answer correctly (without using Google!). I'll be posting the correct answers along with new questions every Tuesday.
- Which was the first novel ever to be written on a typewriter?
- Where did the name "Oz" come from in L. Frank Baum's Wizard of Oz?
- Which famous Greek poet was supposedly killed when a bird flying overhead dropped a tortoise and struck him?
- Which celebrated British author and poet was fired from his job as a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner in 1889?
- Which character from the works of French poet and dramatist, Edmond Rostand, is based on a real person?