- Which American author spent the first forty years of her life in China where her parents were missionaries?
- Which author drafted insults to have on hand in case he ever needed to use them — a list which was discovered and published after his death in 1937?
- In what year was the first English-language Encyclopaedia Britannica published?
- How many words are included in the longest book title in the world?
- What was the first book Amazon ever sold?
Last Week's Answers
Which famous writer was buried in the Fluntern Cemetery, Zurich, Switzerland, and is so close to the Zurich Zoo that the zoo's lions can be heard from his grave.
James Joyce was buried here and shares his plot with wife Nora and son Georgio.
Who did Herman Melville dedicate his great novel Moby Dick to?
He dedicated it to his good friend Nathaniel Hawthorne.
S.E Hinton, author of The Outsiders, made a cameo in the movie version of her book. Who did she play?
S.E. Hinton played the role of a nurse.
Which British playwright dabbled in property development before discovering his love for plays?
At age 18, William Shakespeare bought the second most prestigious property in all of Stratford, The New Place and later he doubled his investment on some land he bought near Stratford.
What does the T stand for in Booker T. Washington’s name?
Booker T. Washington was born Booker Taliaferro in 1856. Upon beginning secondary school, he took his step-father's given name (Washington) as his new surname, but retained the initial letter of his original surname.