- Why does the main library at Indiana University sink over an inch each year?
- What are the names of the two stone lions outside of the New York Public Library?
- Who is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category?
- Of what group were W.B. Yeats, Mark Twain, Lewis Carroll, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and C.G. Jung all members?
- Manuscripts of which Fort Pierce author were almost burned as trash?
Last Week's Answers
What did Jorge Luis Borges, John Milton and James Thurber have in common?
All three men suffered from blindness.
Which author was known for liking to write first drafts with a Number 2 pencil?
Hemingway started his career as a writer in a newspaper office in Kansas City at the age of 17 and was known for beginning each of his writings in pencil.
What did O. Henry, Marquis de Sade and Oscar Wilde have in common?
Each wrote while he was imprisoned.
Which famous Greek poet was supposedly killed when a bird flying overhead dropped a tortoise and struck him?
It is believed that the Greek poet Aeschylus was killed when a bird flying overhead dropped a tortoise and struck him. Birds have been known to carry shellfish to great heights and drop them in order crack the shells.
Of the 2200 persons quoted in the current edition of "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations," how many are attributed to women?
Of the 2200 persons quoted in the current edition of "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations," only 164 are women.