- Who is the most successful textbook author of all time?
- When was the first cookbook published?
- Who, according to popular opinion at the time, was the most famous and important playwright in the Elizabethian age?
- The moons of all planets except for Uranus are named after Greek gods. What are the moons of Uranus named after?
- Where does A. A. Milne's classic children’s character, Winnie-the-Pooh, get his name?
Last Week’s Answers
How many US States have names that contain only one syllable?
How many of Shakespeare's heroines disguise themselves as males?
Seven. Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona; Portia, Nerissa, and Shylock’s daughter Jessica in The Merchant of Venice; Imogen in Cymbeline; Viola as Cesario in Twelfth Night;Rosalind as Ganymede in As You Like It.
Which Polish novelist contemporary to Melville is quoted as saying, “Melville knows nothing of the sea” in response to the 1851 classic novel, Moby Dick?
Heart of Darkness author, Joseph Conrad.
Which Robert Louis Stevenson work originated from a game he played with his stepson?
What is the longest word in the English language that does not contain a vowel (a,e,i,o,u)?
“Rhythm” and "syzygy" are the longest English words without a vowel.