- The high-speed ferry between Dublin and Great Britain, across the Irish Sea, is named after which 18th-century satirist?
- Whose last words were, "My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go?"
- Ricardo Eliezer Neftalí Reyes y Basoalto is the given name of which famous poet?
- Which author’s last name, before being anglicized, was "mac Aedh Ó Proinntigh?"
- Which author was married on April 1, 1993 — a deliberate play on her husband’s belief that only fools get married in the first place?
Which author started the first African American newspaper in Dayton, OH, aided by the Wright brothers (who provided the printing press)?
The Wright brothers invested in the Dayton Tattler, a newspaper written for the African American community, and edited and published by Paul Laurence Dunbar.
Which author was the first African-American to graduate from Harvard University — earning his Ph.D. in History?
Which author wrote his first novel at age 17 while babysitting his youngest brother?
Ernest Gaines wrote his first novel, wrapped it in brown paper, and sent it to a publisher in New York. When it was rejected, he burned the pages but later rewrote the work which became his first novel, Catherine Carmier.