- What do novelist and film critic James Agee, poet Robert Lowell, and comedian and “stooge” Shemp Howard have in common?
- Who sent the stand up comedian, Irwin Corey, to accept the National Book Award prize on his behalf?
- Which English-language author did not learned to speak English until the age of 19?
- Whose epitaph reads: 'The stone the builders rejected'?
- Which author created a batch of top quality novels only to suddenly switch to poetry because of all the criticism from Victorian readers?
Which author is sports a black eye in the dust jacket photo of his 1967 novel?
Norman Mailer appears on the inside cover of his novel Why Are We in Vietnam? with a spectacular shiner. Also odd is the fact that in the book, the word "Vietnam" occurs only one time — the last page.
Poet named Ernest Dowson wrote “To Cynara,” a work that contains a line which was used as the title of which world famous novel?
Gone With The Wind. The line is, 'I have forgot much, Cynara, gone with the wind, flung roses riotously to the throng,'
Which famous author held the position of Governor General of Canada in 1935?
Thirty-Nine Steps author John Buchan. He was also a barrister, a Member of Parliament, soldier, and publisher.
The epitaph 'Blest be the man that spares these stones, and curst be he that moves my bones,' was written by whom?
Which English Romantic poet was born with a clubfoot?