- The infamous phrase “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” featured in the feature film,The Shining, is also found in which work of Irish literature?
- What do the initials stand for in the following author’s names: A.A. Milne, J.M. Barrie, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, D.H. Lawrence, H.G. Wells, J.D. Salinger
- What child movie actress brought a libel suit against British author, Graham Greene?
- From Here To Eternity author James Jones' wife, Gloria, once worked in Hollywood as a stand-in for what actress?
- Which author kept a bear in his dorm room at Cambridge?
Last Week’s Answers
French was the official language of which country for over 600 years?
After the Norman conquest of England in 1066 AD., French was the official language of the gentry and educated.
Which author based his most famous characters on the fascinating case of William Brodie, respected Edinburgh businessman by day, leader of a gang of thieves by night?
'Excuse my dust' was the requested epitaph of which irreverent authors?
Although it was not actually used, Dorothy Parker requested this epitaph.
Which great author received the meager sum of 10 pounds for his greatest work of literature?
Edgar Allan Poe was expelled from West Point after wearing what to a public parade?
In 1831 at the age of 21 when he arrived nearly naked for a military parade (wearing nothing but kid gloves and a white belt), he was looking for a way to get expelled from the school. He was in fact expelled for 'gross neglect of duty' soon after pulling his legendary feat.