- Which author sports a black eye in the dust jacket photo of his 1967 novel?
- Poet named Ernest Dowson wrote “To Cynara,” a work that contains a line which was used as the title of which world famous novel?
- Which famous author held the position of Governor General of Canada in 1935?
- The epitaph "Blest be the man that spares these stones, and curst be he that moves my bones," was written by whom?
- Which English Romantic poet was born with a clubfoot?
The infamous phrase “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” featured in The Shining is also found in which work of Irish literature?
It is featured in Joyce’s The Dubliners, but the phrase actually originated as a proverb first recorded around 2400 B.C. by the Egyptian sage, Ptahhotep.
What do the initials stand for in the following author’s names: A.A. Milne, J.M. Barrie, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, D.H. Lawrence, H.G. Wells, J.D. Salinger
Alan Alexander Milne James Matthew Barrie Clive Staples Lewis John Ronald Reuel Tolkien David Herbert Lawrence Herbert George Wells Jerome David Salinger
What child movie actress brought a libel suit against British author Graham Greene?
Shirley Temple brought a lawsuit against Greene after he wrote a review of one of her films accusing her of indecency.
From Here To Eternity author James Jones' wife, Gloria, once worked in Hollywood as a stand-in for what actress?
Which author kept a bear in his dorm room at Cambridge?