Match each literary character below with his star-crossed lover:
Lancelot, Tristan, Pedro Muzquiz, Popocatépetl, Troilus, James Gatz, Maurice Bendrix, George, Tea Cake, Jude Fawley, Narcissus, Philip Pirrip, Robert Lebrun, Maurice Hall
- Isolde (Any set of even-older-than-King-Arthur tales)
- Guinevere (Any set of King Arthur tales)
- Estella Havisham (Charles Dickens, Great Expectations)
- Daisy Fay (F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby)
- Criseyde (Chaucer, Troilus and Criseyde, Shakespeare, Troilus and Cressida)
- Susanna Bridehead (Thomas Hardy, Jude the Obscure)
- Edna Pontellier (Kate Chopin, The Awakening)
- Alec Scudder (E. M. Forster, Maurice)
- Sarah Miles (Graham Green, The End of the Affair)
- Ellen Weatherall (Katherine Ann Porter, “The Jilting of Granny Weatherall")
- Janie Crawford (Zora Neale Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God)
- Josefita De La Garza (Laura Esquivel, Like Water for Chocolate)
- Iztaccíhuatl (Aztec Myth)
What are the four things that Ernest Hemingway once wrote that a man must do to demonstrate his manhood?
Plant a tree, fight a bull, write a book, and have a son.
Where did mystery writer Agatha Christie acquire her extensive knowledge of poisons?
Christie worked in a hospital dispensary during World War I
What famous writer made the first written reference to tennis in English literature?
In 1380, Geoffery Chaucer wrote of "playen racket to and fro " in Troilus and Criseyde.
Where does the book Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald get its name?
The title comes from Keats' poem “Ode to a Nightingale.”
Which British poet had an “M” for “murderer” branded on his left thumb?
Ben Jonson was branded as part of his punishment for killing an actor in a duel in 1598.