Prestwick House is currently looking for someone to join our catalogue and web-marketing efforts, so if you know of anyone with catalogue and direct mail marketing experience, please send them this announcement. We are located in Smyrna, Delaware.
(And by the way, you might want to mention that Prestwick House is a great company and a great place to work. We’ve made the Book Business Magazine’s list of the “Best Publishing Companies to Work For” three of the past four years.)
Marketing Production Coordinator
About Us: Established in 1983, Prestwick House is one of the country's premier educational publishers with over 2,500 books in print and customers in every US state and territory.
We are dedicated to helping teachers of all levels of English and language arts be the absolute best they can be; we offer a tremendous range of products, from award-winning annotated adaptations, to the widest variety of title-specific teaching guides available anywhere. Our line of paperback books—Literary Touchstone Classics—is second to none in quality, thoroughness, and price.
About the Position: The Marketing Production Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the execution of marketing projects throughout the company, with a strong focus on catalog production and analysis.
The primary role is to ensure the profitable execution and delivery of catalogs by coordinating with the Marketing Copywriter, Art Department, and outside vendors to develop at least eight catalog titles per year, as well as a variety of other pieces of marketing collateral. This position is accountable for tracking the effectiveness of promotions, offers, and improving the profitability of marketing operations.
- Work with the Art Department, Marketing Copy Writer, and Database Specialist to create catalogs that reach sales and profitability goals.
- Work with Art Department and Copy Writer to help direct catalog improvement processes, including copy re-writes, new offers, art redesigns, etc., through analysis of catalog results and best practices.
- Establish and manage production schedules and maintain catalog budgets.
- Develop and work from provided reports to improve the profitability of marketing ventures.
- Work with departments to streamline the production process and improve the efficiency of the catalog creation process.
- Work with Database Specialist to identify key market segments, design ways to target and improve sales to key customer groups.
- Develop reports to track and manage catalog improvements and promotion/offer efficacy.
- Work with vendors to obtain cost-effective service for catalog printing.
- Act as the primary point of contact with print vendors, ensuring print process runs smoothly from bids through printing, delivery, and invoicing.
- Coordinate the proofreading of catalogs with the art and creative staff.
- Manage promotions across multiple channels including print ads, catalogs, and online.
- BA in Marketing, Business, or Related Field
- 3-5 Years in Catalog Marketing
- Strong Understanding of the Fundamentals of Direct Mail Financials
- Ability to envision, plan, and execute projects across job functions.
- Good math skills.
- Goal oriented.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Technical Skills: Proficient in MS Excel and the Office Suite, Basic Database Proficiency (SQL Preferred), SAP B1 or similar ERP Solutions, SAS
To apply, please send your resume and a list of references to Jason Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.