- While at a party in Panama, which author choked on a toothpick which caused an inflammation of his abdominal passage and killed him?
- What world-famous poem was originally titled “He Do the Police in Different Voices”?
- Where did Aldous Huxley borrow the title Brave New World from?
- Which American poet, novelist, and children's author was the daughter of a biology professor at Boston University well known for his book about bumble bees?
- Which German-born children’s author and illustrator came to New York with only $45 in his pocket and began his writing career by landing a graphic designer position in the promotion department of The New York Times?
In 2004, which world-renowned author’s daughter discovered a 5,000-word story entitled "The Incident of the Dog's Ball" in the attic of her home?
Agatha Christie’s daughter found this 5,000 word story in 2004, and had it published in Britain in September 2009 by The Strand Magazine.
Which young adult writer is the brother of the man who invented the sole of Sperry Top-Sider shoes?
Armstrong Sperry. His older brother, Paul, invented the sole of the Sperry Top-Sider.
Which American fiction writer began his writing career while working as a pencil sharpener wholesaler in 1911?
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Which young adult author did not begin writing children’s literature until the age of 47?
Theodore Taylor, born in 1921 did not begin writing books for young adults until 1968.
Under nom de plume Ashley Cooper, which American author wrote a long-running column for the Charleston Post Courier until 1993?
Frank Gilbreth, Jr.