- Which author suffered the death of his daughter and her husband in a drowning accident and the institutionalization of another daughter for madness?
- Chekhov, Robert Louis Stevenson, Ernest Dowson and Novalis all suffered from which affliction?
- Which author lost his father at an early age, ran off to sea, and was captured by a tribe of cannibals?
- Which poet was born with a clubfoot?
- Which journalist requested that his ashes be fired from a cannon while Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man" played at his funeral?
Last Week's Answers
Which author was sent a rejection letter that read "I regret the American public is not interested in anything on China"?
Pearl S. Buck, author of "The Good Earth"
Which U.S. President was a Finalist for the National Book Award?
John F. Kennedy was a nonfiction finalist in 1957 for Profiles in Courage.
What does the “K” stand for in J.K. Rowling’s name?
Joanne Kathleen Rowling does not have a middle name, but chose to take her paternal grandmother's name, Kathleen.
What was Judy Blume's maiden name?