- Which author said, “The true artist will let his wife starve, his children go barefoot, his mother drudge for his living at seventy, sooner than work at anything but his art”?
- Which famous American author ran for mayor of New York City in 1969 using the campaign slogan “No More BS”?
- Having obtained a medical degree in 1884, which Russian writer considered himself a doctor, rather than an author, saying, "Medicine is my lawful wife and literature is my mistress."
- Upon his death, which author bequeathed his birthday (November 13) to a young girl he knew because she often complained that her December 25th birthday left her with little reason to celebrate at any other time of the year?
- Which Russian author learned to ride a bicycle at age 67?
Last Week's Answers
Which author suffered the death of his daughter and her husband in a drowning accident and the institutionalization of another daughter for madness?
Chekhov, Robert Louis Stevenson, Ernest Dowson and Novalis all suffered from which affliction?
Which author lost his father at an early age, ran off to sea, and was captured by a tribe of cannibals?
Which poet was born with a clubfoot?
Which journalist requested that his ashes be fired from a cannon while Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man" played at his funeral?
Hunter S. Thompson