- Which famous writer is buried in the Fluntern Cemetery, Zurich, Switzerland, and is so close to the Zurich Zoo that the zoo's lions can be heard from his grave.
- Who did Herman Melville dedicate his great novel Moby Dick to?
- S.E Hinton, author of The Outsiders, made a cameo in the movie version of her book. Who did she play?
- Which British playwright dabbled in property development before discovering his love for plays?
- What does the T stand for in Booker T. Washington’s name?
Last Week's Answers
What famous American's 1952 autobiography is entitled From Under My Hat?
Hedda Hopper chose this title for her autobiography because she was well known for her exotic hats and juicy Hollywood gossip.
What famous writer born in 1867, was raised by a former slave, never knew who his father was, lost his four front teeth to scurvy was forced to educate himself in the public library because he could not afford to attend primary school?
Which author, after battling tuberculosis and attacks of pleurisy for almost fifteen years, uttered the words, “I am better now,” before dying in a tuberculous retreat in Southern France?
Which author supported her family during lean times by writing lurid pulp adventure stories under false names or anonymously?
Louisa May Alcott wrote quite a few pulp novels during her lifetime, all of which were discovered many years after her death when references to strange book titles were discovered in her journals.
Which famous children’s author also wrote various academic works that include A Syllabus of Plane Algebraical Geometry, The Formulae of Plane Trigonometry, A Guide to the Mathematical Student, The Dynamics of a Particle, An Elementary Treatise on Determinants, and The Fifth Book of Euclid Treated Algebraically.