- What famous American's 1952 autobiography is entitled From Under My Hat?
- What famous writer born in 1867, was raised by a former slave, never knew who his father was, lost his four front teeth to scurvy was forced to educate himself in the public library because he could not afford to attend primary school?
- Which author, after battling tuberculosis and attacks of pleurisy for almost fifteen years, uttered the words, “I am better now,” before dying in a tuberculous retreat in Southern France?
- Which author supported her family during lean times by writing lurid pulp adventure stories under false names?
- Which famous children’s author also wrote various academic works that include A Syllabus of Plane Algebraical Geometry, The Formulae of Plane Trigonometry, A Guide to the Mathematical Student, The Dynamics of a Particle, An Elementary Treatise on Determinants, and The Fifth Book of Euclid Treated Algebraically?
Which author began her famous suicide note with the words, “I am certain that I am going mad again ..."
Virginia Woolf wrote in her final note that she could not bear to go through the ordeal one more time and ended her life shortly afterwards.
What do P.G. Wodehouse, Ezra Pound, and William Joyce have in common?
They all made broadcasts for the enemy during World War II.
Where does the pen name “Mark Twain” come from?
“Mark Twain” was the river call used by boatmen on the Mississippi to signify two fathoms of water.
What is the only novel to top the best-seller lists fro two consecutive years?
Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Back in 1972 and 1973
What classic gothic novel of 1818 was subtitled The Modern Prometheus?