Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Cranky Language Lady: Wednesday Grammar Quiz for Grownups


The Cranky Language Lady: Wednesday Grammar Quiz for Grownups comes from CrankyLanguageLady.com. To find out more about the Cranky Language Lady, view sample pages from her new book, peruse her blog, or visit the website.


Grammar Quiz #30: Spellcheck Isn't Perfect


Spell check improves all the time, but it’s not perfect. It may highlight words that really are words but that are used incorrectly—or it may not. For example, it won’t pick up all the errors in the following passage. Can you?


“Ewe our the apple of my I,” said Clarence. “Its plane to sea that I am looking at the most beautiful woman on the planet, and I love you.” He continued to stair at her over there read whine.
“Okay,” said Doreen with out mush enthusiasm. She wanted to reed the menu and decide between stake and lobster. “I think thistle bee good,” she said, pointing too the lobster.

Clarence got down on won knee and held out a wring. “Wheel ewe merry me?” he asked.
“Know, I don’t think sew,” Doreen replied. “I’m knot interested, butt aisle let ewe by me diner.”


View answer.


No comments: