- Which author tried to purchase the Minnesota Vikings in 1996, but was unable to do so because of expensive legal fees associated with his pending divorce?
- Which author graduated college at 15 years old and enrolled at the Parsons School of Design to fulfill her dream of working in fashion?
- Which author did most of his writing on loose leaf paper in a shed behind his house — a building that he now rents to illustrator Ted Dewan on the condition that if Dewan no longer uses it, it will be passed on to other writers?
- What is the name of the band that includes famous authors such as Dave Barry, Amy Tan, and Steven King?
- Which author underwent hair transplant surgery, because he "was tired of looking like G. Gordon Liddy?"
Last Week's Answers
Why does the main library at Indiana University sink over an inch each year?
The main library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
What are the names of the two stone lions outside of the New York Public Library?
The names of the two stone lions in front of the New York Public Library are Patience and Fortitude. They were named by then-mayor Fiorello LaGuardia.
Who is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category?
Of what group were W.B. Yeats, Mark Twain, Lewis Carroll, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and C.G. Jung all members?
The Society for Psychical Research
Manuscripts of which Fort Pierce author were almost burned as trash?
While checking out reports of an illegal trash fire, Deputy Sheriff Pat Duvall discovered that the manuscripts of the late Zora Neale Hurston were being burned as trash. He quickly saved the singed documents which were recently the subject of an international panel at the University of Central Florida, “Exploring the global legacy of Zora Neale Hurston: Interdisciplinary perspectives on the research and writing of the anthropologist, folklorist and novelist.”